"Us", "we" and "our" refer to the Reivernet companies (Reivernet Limited (Company Number 1146289) and Reivernet Pty Limited (ACN 103 116 150)).
This policy applies to personal information we collect from you when you use our website and services. Personal information means information about an identifiable individual.
We may vary this policy from time to time without notice.
What you need to know
This policy will let you know about:
- why we need to collect personal information about you; [link]
- the type of personal and other information we collect and how we collect it; [link]
- how we use your personal and other information; [link]
- who we will disclose your personal information to; [link]
- our management and protection of your personal information; [link]
- updating and accessing your personal information; [link] and
- contacting us for further information. [link]
Our core business is to provide broadband solutions to hotel guests (Service). We need your personal information to help us continually provide a quality Service to all our customers and to find out ways in which to improve the Service.
We collect personal information about you directly and indirectly from a number of sources. We will receive personal information from you when you scan the available wireless networks, connect to, use, register or pay to use the Service. The personal information may include your name, email address, contact details, physical location and movements in the property, and financial information.
We do not sell or trade personal information collected from the use of the Service. We will only use your personal information in connection with the Service we provide to you. This will include:
- providing you with the Service requested;
- acquiring payment for providing you with the Service;
- personalising and tailoring our website and the Service to your preferences;
- helping us manage, maintain and continually improve our website and the Service;
- engaging in normal business administration and accounting practices;
- notifying you with information about our website and the Service; and
As an example, if your computer tries to send or receive emails before you accept the terms of using the Service, we will send a message to your email address giving you details about how to use the Service.
We may also share general statistical information on our website and the Service, e.g. usage data, with 3rd parties. However, you cannot be personally identified from this information.
Our practice is to store your personal information on centralised servers that are located in Australia and New Zealand. We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. This will include using virus protection, firewalls, secure servers, login and password identification, and encryption for online payments
Your personal information will be stored with us so long as you continue to use our website or the Service. Once you have stopped using our website or the Service, we will retain your records for up to 7 years. After this time, we will delete, destroy or de-identify your personal information from our records, except for any information we are required by law to keep, e.g. for tax purposes.
It is important that the personal information we have about you is accurate, complete and up-to date. If at any time you find that we are holding incorrect information about you, send us an email and we will correct the information as soon as reasonably practicable.
You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you apart from some exceptions set out by law. To access your personal information, you will need to make a request in writing (by post or email) stating the information you require. Our contact details are below. Once we have confirmed your identity, we will endeavour to respond to your request within 14 days. We may charge you for our costs in processing your request. If there are any inaccuracies in the personal information we give you, you should notify us immediately so we can update our records.